Call for Papers
The South African Cemeteries Association is honoured to be hosting its National Cemeteries and Crematoria Conference 2021. SACA invites presentations that relate to the theme and sub-theme below.
We welcome paper submission up to the 27th August 2021.
All submissions must be emailed to email@example.com accompanied with the presenter’s resume.
- Covid 19 – Remembering a Life
- Traditional, Cultural & Religious dynamics during Covid
- Covid – Handling of Human Remains
- Management of Human Remains
- Covid – Infection Control
- Management of Dead space (Covid)
- Environmental Sciences
- Research and Case Studies
- Sustainable interment practices
- Cemetery Design for a new world
- Land Use
A MAYORAL RECEPTION Dinner was hosted by eThekwini Municipality on the 16th September 2019 at tha uShaka Aquarium. A delightful buffet feast was served with music as attendees danced the night away. This Mayoral Reception was honoured by Councillor Mpume Sithole and Mr Eric Apelgren was the master of ceremonies. Pepe Dass the chairperson of South African Cemeteries Association also addressed the delegation.
A tour was also organised where delegates visited:
- Kwa Muhle Museum – a great historical museum of our country and excellent displays showcasing history of apartheid.
- Natural Science Museum – we were welcomed by the following research departments- the mammals Mammalogy, the insects Entomology and the bird Ornithology. Each research department had informative information that was shared as well as specimens that were shown.
- Umgeni River Bird park – A tour of the bird park was arranged which incorporated a live show of the different birds. Lunch was served in this beautifully relaxing setting which included a natural waterfall.
- Chesterville Cemetery – Delegates were taken on a tour of the burial sites of the cemetery, which included a newly developed burial site for activists and heroes.
Join us for the 2019 Pan-African Cemeteries & Crematoria Conference!
The South African Cemeteries Association in partnership with eThekwini Municipality
will host its Cemeteries National Annual Conference at the Moses Mabhida Stadium, Durban From 11th-13th March 2015. SACA invites all Municipalities,
Civic Organisations, NGO’s and Religious leaders to attend the event.
The Theme: “The Burning Issue”
In addition to the program, there will be a trade exhibition which allows delegates to network with
each other and our suppliers and hopefully result in valuable business relationships being formed.