What SACA Offers Members
SACA offers members an opportunity to enhance the industry through participation in learning and development, networking and information sharing. SACA holds a library of information to assist our members on the day to day management of any Cemetery or Crematorium related issue.
SACA acts as a voice for our members as the core of the Cemetery and Crematoria Industry. We represent our members on a national level through liaison with Government bodies, industry suppliers, media and the community.
SACA encourages best practice within the industry through the development of industry guidelines, benchmarking and collecting key industry statistics. We actively seek ways in which we can raise the profile of interment practices through media coverage and government liaison. We encourage positive working relationships with industry suppliers.
SACA keeps the communication and information sharing open. Our website and newsletter communique updates our members on SACA’s representation, changes within the industry and legislatively.
SACA continues to look at ways in which we can increase benefits and knowledge to our members and support the industry. We are currently exploring a number of opportunities and communicate the progress of all new innovations to our members regularly.
The South African Cemeteries Association is a non-for-profit professional organisation that exists to provide leadership, professional services and communication to the Cemetery and Crematoria industry and its affiliates.
As an SACA member you will receive the following:
- Part of a National body empowered as a voice for industry lobbying
- Copy of SACA News issued quarterly
- Access to Member contact details for organisations throughout Southern Africa
- Access to exclusive Member login section of website
- Membership to exclusive rewards program offering a wide range of discounts
- A certificate acknowledging your status as an SACA member
- Discounted registration fees to Conferences, Workshops and Training
- Networking with other SACA Members for the sharing of ideas and industry assistance
- Professional development and access to training opportunities
- Media liaison and media statement access
- Access to Codes Conduct and Industry Best Practice Policies
- Access to environmental and technical guidelines
- Advice on specific industry issues
- Information Help Desk available
- Access to industry benchmarking and statistics
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting or other extraordinary meetings for Ordinary Members
- Opportunity to be involved in a range of sub-committees and projects
- Opportunity to seek lobbyist support from the Association
- Opportunity to become an Executive Committee Member for Ordinary Members
- Opportunity to have input and an active role in the SACA Strategic Plan